Tuesday 8 July 2014

Tom Yum Gai (Chicken Tomyum Soup)



Hubby was craving for Tom Yum soup, and he told me that he planned to go tapau after he finished with his workout. I told him just to come home straight from the gym as I'm going to make him a Tom Yum soup. Here's the recipe which I modified a bit (sebab tidak banyak raw materials yang ada dalam dapur). You can get the original recipe here.


Chicken Tom Yum Soup
Serves: 3
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes

Ingredients
8 oz chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
4-5 kaffir lime leaves
2-3 pieces galangal, slices (I couldn't find galangal in my kitchen, so I substitute it with ginger)
4 Tablespoons Thai fish sauce
3 cups water
1 stalk lemon grass, cut into thick slices
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Red Chilli, chopped
3 Pieces Thai Chilli Padi, sliced
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 big onion, cut into quarters
1/4 Piece of Chicken Stock Cube
2 Tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 Carrot (Optional)
1/8 Cabbage (Optional)

Preparation

  • Put ginger, red chilli, chilli padi, lime juice, and lemon grass into a blender. Blend sampai jadi macam pes (paste).
  • Put chicken, onion, carrot, and the paste in a medium-sized pot. Pour water, and chicken stock. Bring it to boil.
  • Add lime leaves, soy sauce, fish cause, and tomatoes.
  • Remove from heat.

I'm so glad that hubby had 2 bowls of rice sebab itu Tom Yum sup sedap dia bilang. :)